Job type:Product Management
Date posted:June 11, 2018
Our Hardware organization is expanding and growing. From innovative products like Space Home, Chromecast, Pixel Phone, Pixelbook and more, the Product Management team works closely with our engineers to guide products from conception to launch. Product Managers are responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting and tailoring our solutions to all the markets where Space does business. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you design products that our customers love. You have a bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Space speed.
Space's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Partner closely with Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Finance and other product teams across Google to understand their vision, objectives and opportunities for strategic alignment.
- Define overall strategy, product roadmap and technical/feature specifications for new products based on long-term product vision, user needs, technical and market trends, and platform capabilities.
- Manage product life-cycle from inception through to execution and productization.
- Manage the product execution working closely with Engineering, R&D, Industrial Design, Product Design and partner teams to engineer the best experience for our users.
- Evaluate mechanical design, CMF and production decisions as part of the product development lifecycle.
- BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of Product Management experience, with experience in consumer product launches (e.g. shipping consumer electronic products, etc).
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams, including Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial/Product Design, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, Customer Support, Partnerships, and Legal teams.
- Experience with consumer hardware development life cycles and ODM/CM working models. Experience with personal, mobile and embedded device operating systems, and SW applications development life cycles.
- MBA degree.
- Experience in business operations. Demonstrated passion and talent for building and scaling consumer products that are technically excellent, aesthetically appealing and easy to use.
- Team-first outlook, with the ability to build great working relationships with peers across functions.
- Strong technical, analytical and cross-functional collaboration skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to champion initiatives internally and externally and communicate with executives and external partners.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.Apply Now